Sunday 10 November 2013

Project Introduction

"What methods are used to create polished art assets for 2D games and why?"

What methods are used to create polished artwork for 2D games?   

I will be looking in to the creation of art assets for 2D computer games and the art pipelines and methods used to achieve the standards expected in industry. 

I will explore different art styles applied to games (i.e. pixel, vector, cel-shaded, painterly art) and why they are used.  For instance, which art styles tend to be used for certain target audiences and why? 

Project Aim

To demonstrate my research I will create several mock screenshots for a game concept, in the style I find the most effective.   These will be still images however will be accompanied by a style guide and fully developed in game assets (such as HUD designs and power ups.)

By the end of the year I aim to have improved my general 2D art skills and widened my artistic ability.  In particular I want to portray a versatile art style that can be changed to meet the needs of a project.


No comments:

Post a Comment