Friday 9 May 2014

Game Logo Design

With the game logo, I felt it was really important I got across the rivalry of the characters in the game.  For this reason I decided the fonts used for "Jocks" and "Goths" in the logo should really contrast.  I explored a range of different fonts - I looked at thin, elegant and somewhat horror-esque fonts for "Goths" and strong, bold, blocky Letterman style fonts for "Jocks."



I then selected my favourite fonts and create some quick layout mock ups.


I decided the typography looked too bare without a background and I thought the lined paper inspired pattern here fitted the theme of "high school" rivalry without being too distracting.  I was also initially going to added some illustrations to frame the text, however after some feedback I was advised "less is more."



No comments:

Post a Comment